1. Our foremost value is “actions not words”. Our focus is on supporting projects that have clear objectives to make real world changes. We see ourselves as “makers”. We will be conducting research and writing up our findings, but the focus in creating and working, not proposing solutions to governments and governance bodies.
2. Our primary aim is to develop large scale solutions. To that end, we value blue sky thinking and big thinking. This includes helping scale up smaller or pilot projects.
3. Transition Lab is politically and ideologically neutral as an organisation. We are not aligned with any political party or political ideology. As such, we do not follow any economic ideological framework. Our focus is on evidence-based science.
4. Transition Lab seeks gender parity in all aspects of our work and organisation.
5. Transition Lab is open to all ages from 16 and above and we actively encourage young people to get involved with the Lab.
6. Transition Lab is actively inclusive of all people.
7. Transition Lab believes that classical meritocracy is overrated and prone to missing unique aspects of an individual or an idea that could become a valuable contribution. We are aiming for our internal policies to promote and include people and projects that come from anywhere in the world, with any level of experience or qualification.
8. Transition Lab aim to partner with organisations and groups who share our values.
9. We will only accept funding from foundations, corporations, governments, and individuals that respect our values.